It’s been nearly two years since Apple’s iMac line got a refresh, but in that time it appears that Apple has put iMac on a diet. The newest models are a mind boggling 80 percent thinner than the line before them, and boast an edge that’s only 5 mm thick. It gets a bit fatter around the middle, but considering the hardware packed inside, it’s still rather impressive.
The sleek new desktop comes in two sizes. The 21.5-inch model comes with a 2.7GHz quad-core Core i5 with 8GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 640M, and a 1TB HDD. The 27-inch model has a 2.9GHz quad-core Core i5 with 8GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 660M, and a 1TB HDD. You can get your hands on them for $1,300 and $1,800 respectively.
For more details check out Apple unveils new super-svelte 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac models.
- HP supercharges Spectre x360 15-inch with Intel 8th-Gen Core and AMD Vega graphics
- Asus shows off Zenbook 13 with up to 15 hours of battery life and Intel 8th-gen
- Apple will keep repairing your vintage iMacs in a new pilot program
- Save hundreds with the best MacBook deals for March 2018
- Asus ZenBook 13 vs. Dell XPS 13