While touring through Ohio, with an iPhone 4 in hand, the LA-based band stopped by guitarist Rich Koehler’s hometown of Toledo. There the band took his niece, nephew, and their next door neighbor and filmed what would become the video to their single “Gravity”.
Nico Vega is not the first band to use the iPhone 4 as a professional camera- in fact as we found out, there are several bands claiming to be the first to use the technology (although the video “Cascades” by Flakjakt has the highest visual quality), but when something works, it works.
We recently had Nico Vega in our offices playing an acoustic set for our DT3 Acoustic Sessions, and we were lucky enough to hear an acoustic version of the song. Check out the new video and let us know what you think in the comments below!
- Apple AirPods may soon get over-ear headphone sibling with better sound quality
- Onkyo’s latest A/V receivers look to breathe new life into your old movies
- How Syd Bennett launched an R&B career with old MacBooks and a microphone
- Mind-reading A.I. algorithm can work out what music is playing in your head
- Aura fitness band rewards hard work with virtual coins to buy new sneakers