The modifications are largely aesthetic in form with a new full screen view in Word 2011. The full screen view is meant to be used in writing mode, stripping the page of typical Word formatting toolbars and allowing the writer to focus purely on the page, without distraction. It sounds a lot like what niche providers such as Dark Room have capitalized on.
Significantly, this update will see Office for Mac say goodbye to Entourage in favor of Outlook. The update also boasts that the performance speed of the applications has been boosted. That will be a welcome change to power users of both Excel and Powerpoint.
This is the latest revamp of Office for Mac since January 2008. Pre-orders are being taken at Amazon.com. The Mac Home and Student Edition is listed at $119.99 while the Mac Home and Business Edition is being sold for $199.99
- MacOS Mojave brings Dark Mode, stacking, and a redesigned App Store to Macs
- To save the Mac, the App Store needs more than just a redesign
- A brand-new Mac can be hacked remotely during its first Wi-Fi connection
- A MacBook Air with Retina display and Mac Mini “Pro” could arrive this fall
- How to use Split View on a Mac