When Apple introduced the iPad 2, the company also brought with it the Smart Cover, which protects the iPad’s screen and provides a nice stand for the tablet. Unfortunately, the Smart Cover doesn’t protect the entire tablet.
This week, Apple finally introduced a version of the Smart Cover that wraps around the entire device, dubbed the Smart Case. It still works like the Smart Cover, but now the rear is covered as well. The Smart Case comes in a variety of shades, runs for $49 at the Apple Store, and comes with free laser engraving. For more details, check out our original coverage of Apple’s new Smart Case.
- New Wemo Bridge smart home hub is compatible with Apple HomeKit
- Unlock Kwikset’s Kevo Contemporary smart lock with the touch of a finger
- Vayyar Imaging’s 3D sensors may lead to a completely transparent smart home
- Nearly half of Americans plan to purchase a smart speaker this year
- It’s not just more of Alexa! All the big smart home trends from CES 2018