When Philip K. Dick wrote “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?”, it was a modest hit that did well, but was quickly forgotten by many. Then Ridley Scott came along, used the book as the inspiration for Blade Runner, and a cult legend was born. Now fans of the story are being treated to a comic book prequel called “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Dust to Dust”, and iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch users can preview the first 8 pages via the “Dust to Dust app”. The app will also include a retail store locator and a pre-order option for people who want physical copies.
Wired is reporting that the comic will be available on May 26, and be written by Chris Roberson and drawn by Robert Adler.
The story will follow Charlie Victor, an android hunter and predecessor to Rick Deckard, in the days following World War Terminus, as radioactive dust covers the planet and kills off all the animal life, while sterilizing humans.
- Silicondust launches dedicated DVR storage devices for cord cutters at CES 2019
- Cable TV without the cable bill? Silicon Dust’s All-In-One plan is calling
- 16 epic science fiction books being made into movies
- Google Home enhances Disney storytimes with sound effects and music
- Samsung Galaxy Book 2 review