The iPad 2 has an impressively sleek profile. We’ve all oohed and ahhed over the slim aluminum body, so it’s understandable that some people don’t want to cover it up in a bulky case. Knowing that fact, Apple created the clever, and also sleek, Smart Cover alongside the release of the iPad 2. Smart Covers are colorful, slim, protect your iPad from scratches, and help the device wake and sleep when you want it to. It seems like a great solution, except for one problem. The Smart Cover does absolutely nothing to protect the backside of your iPad 2, and that can mean scratches and dents. Bluelounge has created a simple product that solves this problem while maintaining a slim silhouette. Bluelounge’s Kicks ($12) are long rubber strips that adhere to the back of your iPad, like bumpers, to keep your device away from hard surfaces that might create scratches.
Kicks use 3M adhesive to securely stick to your iPad, but won’t leave any residue and can easily be removed or repositioned. The light grey color blends in with the iPad’s aesthetic, and the rubber bumpers won’t interfere with any folding or positioning of your Smart Cover. How come no one ever thought of this before?
- Keep your tablet stylish and secure with one of the best iPad Pro 10.5 cases
- The 20 best iPhone 7 Plus cases to protect your Apple phone
- The best Honor View 10 cases to keep your midrange monster beautiful
- Here are the best iPad Pro keyboard cases to pick up with your new tablet
- 10 best protective iPhone cases to defend against dirt, dings, and drops