Rolling Stone hasn’t yet joined the ranks of Wired, Time and Esquire by offering full, up-to-date magazine issues on the iPad, but it will dip a toe in this week with the release of 500 Greatest Songs of All Time on the device.
The rock-and-roll institution released the digital version of the issue – which originally came out in December 2004 – on Tuesday. Unlike the print release, readers will be able to click a “listen” button to hear a short sample of every track from iTunes as they read along, and of course, buy the songs they like.
500 Greatest Songs of All Time is available through the Zinio app, a digital platform for magazine and print. Desktop users can catch a preview of it online in their browsers, and iPad users can peek at a few pages through the Zinio app.
- Bring out your inner Michelangelo with the best drawing apps for the iPad Pro
- This app boosts event hashtags by collecting all snapshots in one place
- Facebook’s Messenger Kids app is now available for Android devices
- From DIY to AAA, here’s how to take a passport photo in five different ways
- No longer mobile-only, Pandora Premium features come to the web