Apple location tracking has only been an issue for a week or two, but South Park has already weighed in with a full episode dedicated to the location tracking debate.
Small spoiler: In the first episode of its 15th season, everyone at school is using their iPads until Apple “G-Men” come and start following Kyle down. When he says he doesn’t want them following him, they simply point out that he already agreed to it when he signed the latest iTunes terms and conditions. Poor guy. Eventually he is abducted by Apple and forced to become a part of Steve Jobs ultimate creation: the HumancentiPad. Meanwhile, Cartman desperately tries to get his mom to get him an iPad so he doesn’t get made fun of at school.
You have to hand it to Matt Stone and Trey Parker, they sure stay relevant. While we haven’t seen the full episode, we know Kyle’s pain. Is it really fair to be forced to agree to more than eight pages of lawyer-language terms and conditions before you use any electronic product or service? Nobody reads it all. Who knows what crazy things we’ve agreed to over the years.
Check out the full episode here. It’s free to watch on the South Park Website.
- Stay inside and entertained with the best shows on Hulu
- Why Season 2 of the FX hit ‘Atlanta’ is all about the dried jicama
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far
- Stuffed? Kick back with the best Thanksgiving movies and shows to stream
- Ben Saunders is about to begin his first solo expedition across Antarctica