Speck just got back from showing off iPhone cases and covers at CES, and now the company has debuted its CandyShell Wrap case for the Apple iPad, just in time for this week’s Macworld Expo in San Francisco. In addition to protecting an iPad from bumps, scratches, and dirt, the CandyShell Wrap case features a removable cover that can fold up to serve as a viewing and/or typing stand.
“Our goal was to narrow the function of the CandyShell Wrap case for iPad to the most useful: viewing and typing,” said Speck’s director of design Bryan Hynecek, in a statement. “CandyShell Wrap is the first of our new generation of functional iPad case designs for mobile devices to hit the market.”
The CandyShell Wrap features a glossy, hard-shell exterior with a rubberized interior designed to protect the iPad from everyday bumps, knocks, and scrapes. The case’s front cover flips open and closed, and can be folded back to serve as a stand for viewing or typing, and the case has a flip-back panel that enables users to dock their iPads without removing th case.
The CandyShell Wrap case for iPad is available now in black for a suggested price of $59.99.
- Keep your tablet stylish and secure with one of the best iPad Pro 10.5 cases
- Add style and functionality with the best iPad Pro 9.7 cases
- Here are the best iPad Pro keyboard cases to pick up with your new tablet
- Here are the 12 best deals on Apple accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and Watch
- Delta bids adieu to its iPad app after sales on the interface begin to flag