First they said he’d be back before the end of the month. Now two reports have chief executive Steve Jobs back at work at Apple‘s Silicon Valley headquarters yesterday.
CNBC‘s Jim Goldman wrote in the TechCheck column:
"Confirmed! Steve Jobs did report for work today, according to employees who have seen him on campus."
Reuters also quoted sources saying Jobs "was seen leaving the main Apple building in Cupertino and getting into a black car alone that was driven off by men in black suits with ear-pieces."
He was quoted in a press release on sales figures for the new iPhone 3GS.
The Wall Street Journal has said that Jobs underwent a liver transplant during his six month break from the company, but neither Jobs nor Apple have commented.
- Steve Jobs’ pre-Apple job application sold for nearly $175,000 at auction
- Apple Car rumor roundup: What you need to know about Project Titan
- Apple may launch three new Macs with Apple hardware inside in 2018
- Amazon is hiring even more Alexa people than Apple is hiring for Siri
- iPhone X: Here’s everything you need to know about Apple’s best phone yet