First they said he’d be back before the end of the month. Now two reports have chief executive Steve Jobs back at work at Apple‘s Silicon Valley headquarters yesterday.
CNBC‘s Jim Goldman wrote in the TechCheck column:
"Confirmed! Steve Jobs did report for work today, according to employees who have seen him on campus."
Reuters also quoted sources saying Jobs "was seen leaving the main Apple building in Cupertino and getting into a black car alone that was driven off by men in black suits with ear-pieces."
He was quoted in a press release on sales figures for the new iPhone 3GS.
The Wall Street Journal has said that Jobs underwent a liver transplant during his six month break from the company, but neither Jobs nor Apple have commented.
- A few seconds cost an Apple store $27,000 worth of stolen merchandise
- Australian student hacks into Apple, steals 90GB of data because he’s a ‘fan’
- Apple Car: What you need to know about Project Titan
- Apple iPhone X Plus: News, rumors, specs, and more
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far