- SCREEN: 9.7-inch IPS LCD screen. IPS
- RESOLUTION: 1024×768 pixels (132 pixels per inch)
- SIZE: 0.5 inches thin.
- DIMENSIONS: 9.5 inches x 7.5 inches x 0.5 inches
- WEIGHT: 1.5 pounds (or 1.6 pounds for 3G)
- CHIP: 1 GHz Apple A4 chip. (in-house P.A. Semi chipset)
- MEMORY: Three models with 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB solid state hard drives.
- INCLUSIONS: Accelerometer, Microphone, 30-pin connector, Compass, full capacitive multi-touch, Bluetooth 2.1, 802.11n Wi-Fi, 3G access on higher-end models
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to. On standby, it will last over a month.
Connectivity & Web Browsing
- The 30-pin connector on the bottom of the iPad allows you to dock and charge it. It also lets you connect to iPad accessories like the Camera Connection Kit and the Keyboard Dock.
- Built-in Wi-Fi: With built-in 802.11n, iPad automatically locates available Wi-Fi networks; and comes with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 3G: Apple also has three 3G models with superfast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps for traveling or in replace of Wi-Fi network, you can still get a fast connection for surfing the web, downloading email, or getting directions.
- Also Features…
- Email: iPad works with all the most popular email providers, including MobileMe, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, and AOL.
- iTunes: iTunes store icon lets you browse and buy music, TV shows, and podcasts — or buy and rent movies — wirelessly, from iPad. Or you can sync iPad with the content you already have in your iTunes library on your Mac or PC.
Apps & Maps
The iPad will work with almost all of the apps designed for the iPhone and iPod touch—so if you already have apps for these devices then you can sync them to the iPad from your Mac or PC. Apple says you can run them in their original size, or expand them to fill the screen. There is also a section of the App Store that has apps specifically designed for the iPad—and Apple reassures us that there are plenty more to come. Also, Google Maps runs on the iPad just as it does with the iPhone—with a full navigation and up-to-date maps.
Check out the 5 best iPad apps