You don’t typically think of tech enthusiasts camping outside a TJ Maxx on Black Friday, but that might change this year. The iPad is going to be available for the discount price of $399.99, and the retailer’s sister store Marshall’s is possibly offering the same deal. But keep your eyes and ears open, because the price cut is only going to be available at select locations, and don’t expect to see it heavily advertised. Still, Engadget was able to get its hands on some photo proof, and TJ Maxx officially Tweeted that the rumor is a reality.
So far, only East Coast retailers are said to be offering the iPad (specifically locations in Ohio, New Jersey, New York, and Florida). There is also speculation that these types of chains can offer such high discounts because manufacturers are trying to get rid of the products, or that they are possibly defective. Also important to take into account is the fact that there may be no more than 100 units available per store.
Still, it can’t hurt to get in touch with your local TJ Maxx or Marshall’s and see if you can’t eke out any information.
- These are the best cheap iPad deals for July 2020
- Amazon discounts iPad 10.2, iPad Air, and iPad Pro just in time for Father’s Day
- Amazon Prime Day 2020: When is it, and what can we expect?
- The best Apple iPhone deals for July 2020
- Don’t miss these discounts on iPad Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 7, and MacBook Air