You don’t typically think of tech enthusiasts camping outside a TJ Maxx on Black Friday, but that might change this year. The iPad is going to be available for the discount price of $399.99, and the retailer’s sister store Marshall’s is possibly offering the same deal. But keep your eyes and ears open, because the price cut is only going to be available at select locations, and don’t expect to see it heavily advertised. Still, Engadget was able to get its hands on some photo proof, and TJ Maxx officially Tweeted that the rumor is a reality.
So far, only East Coast retailers are said to be offering the iPad (specifically locations in Ohio, New Jersey, New York, and Florida). There is also speculation that these types of chains can offer such high discounts because manufacturers are trying to get rid of the products, or that they are possibly defective. Also important to take into account is the fact that there may be no more than 100 units available per store.
Still, it can’t hurt to get in touch with your local TJ Maxx or Marshall’s and see if you can’t eke out any information.
- How to spot good Black Friday video game deals
- What does refurbished mean? What to buy refurbished, how to buy, and where
- Here are the 12 best deals on Apple accessories for the iPad, iPhone, and Watch
- Why the internet dooms the sneaker industry as much as it helps it
- Here’s how to make a watermark to help protect your photos