At the Moscone Center in San Francisco, the banners wildly declare “There’s something in the air,” and indeed there is. As the MacWorld expo starts today, analysts are betting that Apple boss Steve Jobs will announce a new, ultraportable MacBook laptop, which some believe will be half the thickness of older models and with flashed-based storage rather than the usual hard drive, according to ZDNet. The same analyst told USA Today that he also believes it could utilize a touchscreen, a la iPhone, rather than a mouse. Of course, rumors always run wild before MacWorld, but those making predictions seem very certain, and the roll out next quarter of Sprint’s WiMax technology, due in many new notebooks, certainly doesn’t dampen the flames. What else might be on the cards? Possibly a new iPhone with 16GB of storage, movie rentals through iTunes, and maybe a 3G iPhone. We’ll all find out very soon.
- Best Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2021: The sales are open
- Best Black Friday phone deals 2021: Best deals still available
- Best Black Friday iPhone deals 2021: Deals are still on
- The best streaming devices for 2021: Which should you buy on Cyber Monday?
- The best tablets for 2021: Which should you buy on Cyber Monday?