Why do people love netbooks? They’re ultraportable, inexpensive, fast and connected, and they’re just too darn adorable. Netbooks featuring Windows 7 operating systems have all of these qualities and more—like an improved user interface, faster start-up, and better graphics capabilities. Here’s our pocketbook-friendly picks for the best netbooks featuring Windows 7.
Acer Aspire One AOD250 Netbook
The AOD250 has a 10.1″ wide-screen LED-backlit LCD screen and a reasonably sized keyboard. This Acer Aspire does a dual-boot with Google’s Android 2.0 for a faster start-up. The prices start at $349 and go up from there depending on the specs.
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom N280
- 1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel Memory
- 160GB/250GB Hard Drive (5400RPM) 802.11b/g/Draft-N Wireless, Bluetooth
- 10.1″ WSVGA CrystalBrite LED Display, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- Windows 7 Starter, 3-Cell/6-Cell Li-Ion Battery (5800 mAh)
ASUS Eee Pc 1005HA Netbook
The advertised battery life for this Asus netbook is 10.5 hours, so it’s perfect for all day toting and multitasking. This Asus Eee PC is priced at $399, but Best Buy and Amazon have it for $349.99.
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom N280 (N270 for the 1005HA-M)
- 1GB DDR2 RAM, 1 X SODIMM Slot, (Max 2GB)
- 250GB Hard Drive (5400RPM) 802.11b/g/Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- 10.1″ WSVGA 1024×600 LCD Display
- Windows 7 Starter, 6-Cell Li-Ion Battery (5800 mAh)
- Weight – 2.81 lbs