While you might not think to rank Lexus among the elite makers of exotic sports cars, the introduction of the 2012 Lexus LFA just might warrant a place.
It would appear that Lexus has gone out of their way to cultivate an air of exclusivity around the 2012 Lexus LFA ; the production of the car will be limited to 500 worldwide (with 46 in North America as of today), the cost of the vehicle is prohibitively set at $375,000 and with Lexus reporting they will be selective about whom they will sell the car to — with car collectors and VIP’s among that fortunate few (surprising considering Lexus will lose money on each unit sold) the 2012 LFA will not be an easy car to add to your garage.
But let’s say you manage to wrangle a set of keys from Lexus, well, you’ll be getting an exotic 6- speed sequential transmission, front-engine, rear-wheel drive coupe with carbon fiber composite making up most of the chassis and body. The LFA weighs in at 3263 lbs and features a 4.8-liter V-10 that produces 553 horsepower and 354 pound-feet of torque.
But alas, even if you can’t get your riding gloves wrapped around the wheel of this exotic beauty, at least you can look at the pictures above.
[Images Courtesy of autoblog]
- Lexus RX L adds a feature customers have been craving
- Take a peek at the Lexus LF-1 Limitless concept, a new kind of luxury crossover
- 2018 Lexus LX 570 roams the Earth like a high-end automotive dinosaur
- Is there an Echo in here? Toyota, Lexus add Amazon Alexa to select 2018 vehicles
- Lexus’ brand-new 2018 LS sedan is over-engineered in the best possible way