The latest powerplant developed by Alfa Romeo and Fiat Powertrain Technologies has been announced and is reported to be making its way into the production model of the 4C sportscar.
The 1.8-liter turbo four leverages the latest developments in engine technology, outputting a whopping 300 horsepower, while meeting stringent emissions standards that are on the horizon, a good sign as the 4C is rumored to be making its way to an eventual American production run. The engine boasts an array of impressive elements; aluminum construction, direct injection, turbocharging, variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust, and small displacement with a high output. What’s more, the engine is designed to be mounted either behind the cabin or in front, longitudinally or transversely, with it likely showing up in other Alfas.
With the 4C looming, and 300 stallions accompanying it, fans of the Italian automaker will surely keep their fingers crossed they will be able to drive one of these beauties in the near future.
- Behind the Wheel episode 2: Musician John Oates drives the Porsche GT3RS
- Hitch a ride around a racetrack in Jaguar’s 592-hp XE SV Project 8
- Porsche’s all-electric Taycan sedan will cost less than a Panamera
- How VW plans to leave its dirty diesel past behind with its own EV charging network
- Google’s design elements may be coming to a lot more apps in the near future