While the latest Audi concept car, dubbed the Urban Concept, won’t be barreling down the Autobahn at breakneck speeds, the tiny two-seat car made of carbon fiber and featuring an exposed suspension certainly looks the part.
But it isn’t necessarily all dressed up and nowhere to go with Audi’s latest concept creation. Under the tiny hood the Urban Concept offers just 20 horsepower, it weighs only 480kg (just over 1,000 pounds) and features a racy pushrod suspension, giving it quite the grab around corners.
Powering the Urban Concept is 7.1kWh battery pack that is inductively charged ( meaning there is no need to plug it in at the end of the day). And while a 45 mile radius will limit your forays outside of town, it is called the Urban Concept, after all, there is potential for extended range models in the future.
Audi has developed two versions of the Urban Concept, a Sportback (with roof) and a Spyder (without) but hasn’t stated when or if either will see production.
- The 10 most droolworthy concept cars of the year, and 1 big cringe
- Ride with Batman, thanks to Intel and Warner Bros.’ car entertainment system
- Citroën says you could drive its tiny Ami One electric car without a license
- Muscle cars, trucks, and EVs roared into the subdued 2019 Detroit Auto Show
- Smart shows us its wild side with an energetic Forease+ concept