Outside of a teaser trailer, though, we’ve only seen a few candid stills of the film, which did show a few shots of Batman’s gnarly new ride. Thanks to some uploaded B-roll, however, we won’t have to wait an entire year just to get a closer look at it.
The footage gives us some sweeping panning shots of the Batmobile on the set, looking more alien than the Caped Crusader’s Kryptonian adversary. While the Batmobile in the Christopher Nolan films were based on a military tank-style armored scout, this new one looks like an armored dune buggy on steroids.
It certainly looks like it can overcome whatever gets thrown in its way, and the visible armaments look like they’d have no trouble clearing a path. Presumably, as we get closer to the film’s release, we’ll get some info on just what she’s capable of and what’s under the hood as well.
The Zach Snyder-directed film is inspired heavily by the 1986 Miniseries The Dark Knight Returns, written by Frank Miller. The story builds up to a climactic battle between an aging Batman and a seemingly ageless Superman. Prior to this, Batman hits the streets in a tank-like Batmobile modified for riot suppression. Could an even larger, battle-ready Batmobile make an appearance in the film? We won’t know until the movie is released in March of next year.
- ‘The Batman’ movie: Everything we know so far
- Ben Affleck officially exits The Batman as solo film gets release date
- ‘The Batman’ might begin filming in the fall — minus Ben Affleck, report says
- Ride with Batman, thanks to Intel and Warner Bros.’ car entertainment system
- If Batman became a race car driver, he’d hit the track in the Vuhl 05RR