The British brand announced the new Bentayga app today. It allows customers to control various in-car systems from their wrist, both while inside the vehicle and remotely. Want the cabin preheated before you open the door, or your favorite song playing as you enter? Should the massaging seats already be going to melt away your stress? With the Apple Watch, all of this is now possible.
“The Bentayga is technologically advanced and combines this with luxury in a way only Bentley can achieve,” said Dan Whittaker, director of electrical and electronics at Bentley. “This new Apple Watch connectivity is another example of how we are constantly innovating in order to enhance the customer experience.”
Because it’s associated with Bentley, the app is based on “bespoke digital architecture,” one that emphasizes convenience and a sleek look. To use the app, users simply synchronize the Apple Watch with the vehicle’s Touch Screen Remote system via Bluetooth.
With a vehicle like this, most customers will hire a driver, ride in the back, and enjoy some of the top-shelf champagne and fancy cutlery stowed in the rear. That said, there’s a lot more to the Bentayga than opulence and connectivity, so for our behind-the-wheel impressions of the big SUV, check out our first drive report.
- The Apple Watch Series 8 and SE 2 sound more boring than we thought
- This YouTube Apple Watch app is just as ridiculous as you’d expect
- Apple’s Medications app is a game-changer for the chronically ill
- The FDA just approved an Apple Watch app to track Parkinson’s disease
- The Pixel Watch may need its own special supporting app