“We don’t see lines. We see light.”
That’s the line with which Bentley concludes its latest SUV teaser video. Although a bit melodramatic, I absolutely love the sentiment.
Looking to the details of the car teased in the video, we see side vents with the iconic Bentley “B” cleverly incorporated into the design, a swoop-y SUV roof line, and – of course – the signature Bentley quad headlights up front.
The video itself doesn’t give much insight under the skin of the forthcoming Bentley SUV. Thankfully, a corresponding press release gives a few details.
Most notably, the SUV will be offered at launch in 2016 (presumably as a 2017 model year) with a slew of powertrains, including a plug-in hybrid setup, just as we suspected. Why is that notable? Not only will the truck be the first of its kind for the British brand, it will also be the first plug-in hybrid in the super premium luxury range.
What else could power the yet-unnamed high-riding Bentley? I’m hoping for a tarted-up version of the Continental GT Speed’s W12. We’ll have to wait and see, though.
We’ll be keeping up on all the developments surrounding the Bentley SUV. So be sure to check back soon for more.
- Aston Martin’s first SUV won’t get an electric powertrain after all
- Jaguar’s I-Pace electric SUV gets ready to take on Tesla
- The Enspire SUV concept is a Buick that thinks it’s a Tesla
- A refined 550-hp beast, Jaguar’s F-Pace SVR hits 176 mph with style to spare
- Bentley’s first-ever hybrid model, the Bentayga, won’t be its last