Rather than produce some short 30 second commercial for its recently debuted F-Type, British luxury and performance automaker Jaguar is taking a more Hollywood-styled approach by producing a short film starring both the sleek and stylish F-Type, along with Emmy Award winning actor Damien Lewis, who currently stars in Showtime’s Homeland series.
The small feature, titled Desire, is set to use the Chilean desert as its backdrop and see Lewis star opposite Spanish-Catalan actor Jordi Molla (Blow, Bad Boys II) as the main villain. Filming is scheduled to start early next month, and according to Jaguar, the story follows Clark (Lewis) a man tasked with delivering cars for a living – in this instance, Jaguar’s new F-Type . Along the way he crosses paths with a woman, played by Shannon Sossamon (A Knight’s Tale, 40 Days and 40 Nights) – after which we can only guess a great deal of action, intrigue, betrayal, and sexiness ensues.
With music by Lana Del Rey, and the whole thing created in association with Ridley Scott Associates, the short 50 second feature clip, which debuts next Spring, is already shaping up to be quite the ride.
Don’t take our word for it though. Check it out for yourself, and be sure to let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Jaguar’s all-electric 2019 I-Pace has Tesla in its sights
- Guillermo del Toro’s ‘The Shape of Water’ leads the pack of Oscar nominees
- From the silver screen to your TV, these are the best movies on HBO
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now