Streaking out of a sandstorm might seem like on odd setting for a bespoke British SUV. Consider, though, that Bentley likely plans to sell a ton of these things in the Middle East and the force-of-nature unveiling seems rather relevant.
We’ve been reporting on rumors of a Bentley SUV for a while now. Finally, the next best English 4×4 has been confirmed. From what we’ve heard so far, the Bentley SUV could be a diesel or it could even be a hybrid. Both powertrains would make sense, as Bentley’s parent company, Volkswagen AG, is rather keen on both.
Although we can’t see much, we know two things: 1.) The forthcoming and yet-unnamed Bentley SUV will look pretty much like you imagine. 2.) It’ll be a big, bossy, heft of a thing that will float like its weightless and hammer up hills like it’s powered by dark energy.
Bentley plans to sell 3000 of its new SUVs each year. Dr. Wolfgang Schreiber, Chairman and Chief Executive at Bentley Motors, commenting at a press conference in London, said of the SUV, “It will create a completely new segment in the SUV market.”
When will the full meal deal be unveiled? We’re not sure. We’re hoping for the 2014 New York Auto Show. We’ll be on the ground in New York next month and reporting live. Should something come to light before then, we’ll be sure to bring it to you. So check back often.
- Bentley’s first electric car could use cutting-edge solid-state batteries
- Cadillac will give its biggest SUV a gargantuan 38-inch curved screen
- Digital Trends Top Tech of CES 2020 Award Winners
- The best cars of CES 2020: Fisker, Faraday Future, and Byton M-Byte
- Fiat brings its highly customizable Centoventi electric concept to CES 2020