Luxury German automaker BMW is celebrating 40 years of its M branded special edition with the M3 Competition Edition. The word from Munich is that BWM will only ship 40 of the celebratory M3 Competition Editions to U.S shores, making the car exceptionally rare.
The M3 Competition Edition will exhibit a few differences from the standard M3 including a Frozen Silver paintjob, black M3 GTS 19-inch wheels, dark chrome exterior trim and exhausts tips. Inside, the M3 CE will feature an Alcantara M steering wheel and M logo with Black Novillo leather upholstery with Palladium Silver accents adorning the interior.
Under the hood, the limited edition BWM will exhibit the same 414 horsepower V8 engine as other M3 models; however the 0-60 time on the M3 CE has been dropped from 4.7 seconds to 4.5 seconds. In addition, the CE M3 measures in at 10 mm lower than the standard edition M3, features wider-offset wheels, and increased programming threshold for the M driving mode.
On top of being extremely rare, the Competition Edition M3 will cost a full $20,000 more than its standard edition counterpart with a cost of $81,060.
- Here is our take on the 10 greatest BMWs of all time
- The 2018 BMW M5 is a sport sedan that thinks it’s a supercar
- The 2018 BMW X2 takes its official worldly bow in Detroit
- Manhat’s $465,000 BMW X6 concept is part dune buggy and part hot rod
- Sneak a peek at BMW’s sporty, luxurious 8 Series Coupe as it hits the track