If you’re like me, you love the McLaren 650S and have been dreaming of waking up with one in your driveway. Unfortunately, though, this was not the case today … and probably won’t be the case anytime soon.
Delightfully for us, McLaren released an app for my fellow dreamers and me that allows users to design his or her own version of the 650S.
McLaren’s newly launched app, the McLaren 650S Design Studio, allows users to select paint, wheel, and exterior carbon fiber options. After users have gone through every paint from British Racing Green to Grape Purple, they can choose whatever background location they can think of to place the car. While we motoring enthusiasts dreams of owning a supercar, I reckon the last thought we have is what our dream supercar will look like sitting in a driveway in suburbia.
App users will also be able to adjust lighting and reflection options, so they can be totally sure the McLaren they dream about looks good at every part of the day.
Images of dream McLarens can be uploaded to social media via McLaren’s Facebook or Twitter pages using the hashtag #MyMclaren. Images that McLaren finds as its cup-of-tea will be uploaded on the official McLaren website for all to enjoy. The tablet app will be available for both iOS and Android operating systems today.
I don’t know about you, but I now know what I’ll be doing the rest of the day.
- The three-seat BP23 ‘Hyper-GT’ will be the fastest McLaren ever
- McLaren shares its proven recipe for the ultimate supercar
- 814-horsepower McLaren Senna GTR can only be unleashed on a racetrack
- How a former Kodak janitor built MS Paint, the world’s most popular image editor
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Haptic bass straps, musical rings, and more