Trying to outrun the police in Dubai could prove to be more than a notion for even the quickest of criminals.
According to a report by Left Lane News, the city recently purchased a new Lamborghini Aventador LP7000-4 to use as a police patrol vehicle. Now, there’s a police shift I imagine just about every officer on the planet would envy.
Equipped with a 6.5-liter V12 that generates 700-horsepower, the Aventador is capable of going from a complete stop to 62 mph around 3 seconds and has a top speed of 217 mph. And while Dubai officials contend that the car will serve primarily as a tourist attraction, I would imagine it’s still a great deterrent for anyone considering some crazy crime scheme in Dubai thinking they can outrun the cops.
As if that’s not enough, Left Lane also states that the Newspaper Emirates 24/7 has reported that the $400,000 Aventador isn’t the only sports car Dubai is adding to its police fleet. The emirate recently took delivery of a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS, and the Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Al Tamin, the Commander-in-Chief of the Dubai police, confirmed on Twitter that the department will be adding an unnamed Ferrari patrol car to their fleet over the next couple of weeks.
So, who’s up for applying to be a police officer in Dubai?
- Dubai plans to turn a Tesla Cybertruck into a tourist-friendly police car
- The coolest police cars from around the world
- Lamborghini delivers a Huracan to Italian police for an important mission
- A Porsche 918 Spyder is the latest supercar to join the Dubai Police fleet
- Dubai Police shows off its supercars (and a super SUV) in new video