By now, it’s no secret that the Dubai Police has some unusual vehicles in its garage. Photos and videos of supercars in the force’s green-and-white livery have taken social media by storm, and that was the whole point.
This video offers a peek behind the scenes of the Dubai Police supercar fleet, which is reportedly worth around $6.5 million. Yet in a city as wealthy as Dubai, it seems appropriate that cops patrol the streets in a Bugatti Veyron, a Lamborghini Aventador, and an Aston Martin One-77, among others.
However, Dubai Police didn’t acquire these cars to strike fear into the hearts of serial speeders.
Quite the opposite, in fact: The supercar fleet is used for public relations, promoting the force wherever it goes. Every time one of these exotic machines rolls, Instagram and Twitter light up and, people crowd the officers for photos. Most cops can’t expect such fanfare when they go out on patrol.
- Jeep built a monster electric prototype to show what EVs can really do off-road
- Maserati is going electric, and it’s starting with a 1,200-hp luxury coupe
- Mercedes-AMG EQE proves performance EVs are here to stay
- Alfa Romeo Tonale kicks off a tech-centric ‘metamorphosis’
- Every car compatible with Apple CarPlay