By now, it’s no secret that the Dubai Police has some unusual vehicles in its garage. Photos and videos of supercars in the force’s green-and-white livery have taken social media by storm, and that was the whole point.
This video offers a peek behind the scenes of the Dubai Police supercar fleet, which is reportedly worth around $6.5 million. Yet in a city as wealthy as Dubai, it seems appropriate that cops patrol the streets in a Bugatti Veyron, a Lamborghini Aventador, and an Aston Martin One-77, among others.
However, Dubai Police didn’t acquire these cars to strike fear into the hearts of serial speeders.
Quite the opposite, in fact: The supercar fleet is used for public relations, promoting the force wherever it goes. Every time one of these exotic machines rolls, Instagram and Twitter light up and, people crowd the officers for photos. Most cops can’t expect such fanfare when they go out on patrol.
- The most expensive cars in the world
- Dubai plans to turn a Tesla Cybertruck into a tourist-friendly police car
- The coolest police cars from around the world
- Is this Lamborghini Huracan the fastest camera car in the world?
- Dubai’s smart license plates contact paramedics when the car crashes