March’s Geneva Motor Show can’t seem to get here fast enough. Not only because we are excited to see all the latest and greatest the automotive world has to offer, but because we are so darn eager to see what Nissan’s luxury stable, Infiniti, will finally unveil as their Emerg-e concept makes its grand — and, in our opinion, long overdue — debut.
Up until now, Infiniti has kept the Emerg-E pretty close to its chest. The electric sports car was originally announced back in September, 2011. However, not much has trickled out about the cars actual appearance other than a handful of purple-infused shots that didn’t offer much insight into the cars actual design.
And while it isn’t anything definitive, Car and Driver has uncovered some leaked patent renders that popped up on a European patent database that just might give us a better idea of what the final Emerg-E concept will look like.
From what we can tell from the renders, Infiniti’s mid-engine, extended-range, plug-in hybrid sports car is a busy piece of work. The cars contours and styling lines are numerous, even in the side profile, and the rear looks like it could be equally occupied with a number of body details, exhaust vents, etc.
We’re not sure how it will all come together — it could go either way — but we expect more details will continue to spring up as the show approaches next month.
- ‘Florence’ is a superb meditation on love from the designer of ‘Monument Valley’
- How Kia went from peddling econoboxes to challenging BMW
- You can take a bath while flying inside this crazy ‘drone’
- The DroNet algorithm teaches drones to navigate city streets like cars
- Scientists want to explore the Great Pyramid of Giza with … a micro-blimp?