If you like Jaguars and concepts cars than the C-X16 is a pretty cool one to take a gander at. Of course, the exterior design is what you’d expect from Jaguar. It’s a sleek sports car as they put it “for the 21st century”.
What’s inside this thing though? For one the C-X16 features a electric motor and battery. The C-X16 comes with a kinetic energy recovery system (KERS) similar to the system used in Formula One cars. Essentially KERS systems capture the kinetic energy of the moving vehicle when you brake the car. The vehicle stores the energy for use later during acceleration. The dashboard has a graphic that tells the driver when you can use the energy. The KERS system replenishes the motor and battery when the”Push to Pass” button on the steering wheel is pressed (see the steering wheel in the gallery).
In the next year or so you’re going to see a lot of luxury and sports car manufacturers like Jaguar and BMW making electric sports cars. We’ve already shown a few of these concept cars off. Don’t be surprised to actually see some of these make it to market, perhaps not the actual concept but the ideas used in the engines and interior.
Check out the a video of the Jaguar C-X16:
- Baby, you can’t drive my cube: All the insane self-driving lounges at CES 2019
- How Volkswagen plans to make the electric ID Buggy concept a reality
- Adventurous and electric, Porsche’s second station wagon will arrive in 2020
- AWD vs. 4WD: What’s the difference between the two?
- The 10 most droolworthy concept cars of the year, and 1 big cringe