Koenigsegg has a lot in store for the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, including the hottest version of its Agera supercar yet, and a new “megacar.”
That car will be called Regera, and will be the second model to be anointed with the megacar title by Koenigsegg, after the insane One:1.
Expect it to make at least the same 1,341 horsepower as that beast, then, which will likely make the Regera the new most powerful production car in the world.
Koenigsegg will also unveil the new Agera RS in Geneva. The name makes it sound like an even more extreme version of the current Agera R, perhaps bridging the gap between the Agera range and the One:1 and Regera.
No details on the Agera RS are available, but don’t be surprised if it adopts some tech from the One:1, and tops the Agera R’s power output of 1,140 hp.
The two new models will give Koenigsegg a wider variety of offerings than ever before, and align with recent moves to increase the Swedish carmaker’s visibility.
Koenigsegg the man previously said he wasn’t interested in the lap record, but acknowledged that it was important to customers.
The Nurburgring assault will take place later this year, while the Regera and Agera RS will be unveiled in less than a month at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.
- Electric luxury sedan face-off: Polestar 2 vs. Tesla Model 3
- Tired of telemarketers? How to block a number in iOS and Android
- General Motors cycles into a new market with its first-ever ebikes
- China’s mind-controlled cyborg rats are proof we live in a cyberpunk dystopia
- Skype for web gets a bunch of new features that include call recording