Koenigsegg has a lot in store for the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, including the hottest version of its Agera supercar yet, and a new “megacar.”
That car will be called Regera, and will be the second model to be anointed with the megacar title by Koenigsegg, after the insane One:1.
Expect it to make at least the same 1,341 horsepower as that beast, then, which will likely make the Regera the new most powerful production car in the world.
Koenigsegg will also unveil the new Agera RS in Geneva. The name makes it sound like an even more extreme version of the current Agera R, perhaps bridging the gap between the Agera range and the One:1 and Regera.
No details on the Agera RS are available, but don’t be surprised if it adopts some tech from the One:1, and tops the Agera R’s power output of 1,140 hp.
The two new models will give Koenigsegg a wider variety of offerings than ever before, and align with recent moves to increase the Swedish carmaker’s visibility.
Koenigsegg the man previously said he wasn’t interested in the lap record, but acknowledged that it was important to customers.
The Nurburgring assault will take place later this year, while the Regera and Agera RS will be unveiled in less than a month at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show.
- Cringe as you watch a $2 million Koenigsegg get wrecked for safety testing
- Cadillac’s downsized XT4 SUV aims to give people what they want
- Hold on to your butts: These are the fastest cars in the world
- Porsche knows not to mess with the 911, but also knows how to weave in progress
- One of the greatest Jaguar race cars of all time is making a comeback