The parade of Vision Gran Turismo concepts celebrating the 15th anniversary of the Gran Turismo game franchise continues, and this time it’s Lexus’ turn to unveil a virtual car.
The list of Vision Gran Turismo concepts is a Who’s Who of automakers and includes some dazzling concepts (laser-powered Chevy, anyone?), but the Lexus LF-LC GT stands up to the best of them.
To turn the LF-LC into the LF-LC GT, Lexus seems to have taken inspiration from its RC GT500 and RC GT3 racers, both based on the production RC coupe. Like those cars, the concept features aggressive bodywork that seems to melt away from the car onto the pavement.
Lexus didn’t discuss powertrain details, but the original LF-LC concept had a hybrid setup good for more than 500 horsepower. The first version shown at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show had rear-wheel drive, but an update shown later in Sydney had all-wheel drive.
Any production model based on the LF-LC isn’t expected to arrive in showrooms until at least 2017, but you’ll be able to get the LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo as free downloadable content in Gran Turismo 6 this spring.
- Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo concept drives off the screen and onto the track
- BMW’s Munich-brewed answer to the Porsche Panamera takes shape
- Would you guess this sleek Porsche station wagon is entirely electric?
- TechArt shows a Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo that swallowed a rally car
- Hidden beneath the GR Concept’s composite fenders is the next Toyota Supra