If you were the founder of Facebook, what car would you buy?
Personally, I’d get a Koenigsegg Agera R. But that’s because I like Swedish cars and I have a death wish.
So what car did the man with actual Facebook money, Mark Zuckerberg, buy? He got himself a Volkswagen Mk 6 GTI with a manual transmission. That’s right; his car is so basic, it doesn’t even shift itself.
When the fine folks and VW heard about this, they were rather pleased with Zuckerberg’s decision, as you might understand. Accordingly, they decided to send him a present.
But what do you get a man worth $12.4 billion? Well, you’ll have to watch the video below for yourself to find out.
- Volkswagen partners with Microsoft on connected car platform
- Volkswagen finally squashes the Beetle with 2019 Final Edition
- Star Trek icon George Takei talks social media, diversity, and ‘Discovery’
- Flat, fast, and flexible, Volkswagen’s new electric platform can power any car
- This tale ends happily, with a new 3D-printed tail for a 7-foot-long alligator