No it’s not the year 2025 yet, but such is the technological leap and caliber that Mercedes considers it’s newest and perhaps most ambitious concept, the Mercedes Benz F125.
With a clear and heavy look to the future, Mercedes is giving us a glimpse into their crystal ball and perhaps the future of automobiles as well as automotive technology. The F125 features a hybrid electric/hydrogen propulsion along with e4MATIC all-wheel-drive. Touch, speech, and gesture controls for the car’s various functions can be monitored on the 3D projection-beam displays, along with fully realized and integrated internet and gorgeous gullwing doors that offer access to both the front and rear passenger compartments.
With the F125, Mercedes is looking to demonstrate how completely emission-free, individual mobility might be realized in the luxury segment in the future. The F125 is said to feature a range of up to 1000 kilometers and innovative driver assistance for semi-autonomous driving, all the while offering superior performance, cutting-edge technology, and first-class comfort.
And while the technology for all the proposed features of the F125 are not yet available today, basic research has shown great future promise according to Mercedes, and therefore a realistic chance of implementing these in future series-production cars.
- GTA isn’t fun in real life, so Mercedes-Benz wants to suggest safe parking spots
- Mercedes-AMG GT 4-door sets Nürburgring lap record (sort of)
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- Get your camera out: Mercedes-AMG Project One supercar tests on public roads
- Did that car just wink at you? Daimler previews car-to-pedestrian signals