Although the sixth generation Mercedes-Benz SL debuted just last year, it’s already receiving an update. Most notably, it’s being given an AMG Sports Pack and sold as an AMG Sport model.
What does the SL AMG Sport include? “AMG Sports Pack comprises 19-inch, five-spoke AMG alloy wheels, 10mm lower suspension with revised dampers, a subtle AMG body kit, and Mercedes-Benz-embossed brake calipers,” according to Autocar.
The upgraded SL models begin production in June and will receive a glass sunroof with electronic dimming and two parking assistant systems: Parktronic and Active Park Assist.
Additionally, Mercedes is adding some new colors to both the interior and exterior. Customers will be able to specify Platinum White Pearl stitching and AMG floor mats, Bengal Red or Porcelain Nappa leather, and Black Ash Wood trim.
On the exterior, the German luxury automaker has added two new paint colors: Polar White and Hyacinth Red.
Why has Mercedes decided to upgrade the looks of the infant sixth generation SL? We can’t say for sure. But the choice might be aimed to steer customers away from the BMW 6 Series convertible.
Regardless, we love the new additions to the already fantastic SL. Just looking at those new five-spoke wheels make us feel all warm inside.
Photo Credit: Autocar
- The 2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class swaps its North Face parka for a tuxedo
- 2019 Mercedes G63 exists at intersection of brute force and finesse
- Sporting tons of tech, the new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter isn’t your average van
- The 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S will be priced in the U.S. at $106,950
- Mercedes’ new C-Class coupe packs up to 385 horsepower and a 10-inch touchscreen