MINI isn’t just an automaker designed for graphic designers and hair stylists. No, it turns out MINI is actually pretty badass. In fact, this year marks MINI’s second overall win at the infamous Dakar rally race.
To mark the momentous occasion, MINI has put together a special edition of its Countryman ALL4 model called the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman ALL4.
The matte black car, complete with neon green racing stripes, is powered by a 218-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder, which sends power to all four wheels (required by all Dakar entrants).
Those green accents are carried onto the inside of the special edition Countryman, including green contrast stitching for the gearshift lever gaiter and floor mats, and the green embroidered winner’s logo on the head restraints. A special edition logo has also been added – complete with serial number – on the interior trim above the glove box. A John Cooper Works sports steering wheel and Gravity Black leather sports seats complete the commemorative interior.
Unfortunately, only 11 of these beauties will be made and only for sale in France, the home country of the Dakar drivers. We wouldn’t be surprised, though, if one or two didn’t make their way across the pond in a few years, should they ever go to auction.
- The hottest of all Mini hatches is coming with a Batman-approved design
- Apple iPad Mini 5 vs. iPad Mini 4: What’s new in Apple’s long-awaited refresh?
- Here are 15 of our favorite iPad Mini cases, covers to protect your tiny tablet
- The best Google Home Mini accessories
- The iPad Mini, Apple’s tiny tablet, makes a return with powerful specs