Two-hundred-and-sixty-five horsepower might not turn heads in a Cadillac, Audi or even a Chevy, but for a French carmaker used to making pint-sized cars fit for congested Parisian streets, that’s more power than it’s ever had on tap. And more than enough to get things moving in a hurry. With the recently announced Mégane Renaultsport 265 Trophy, French automaker Renault added more boost to the turbocharged 2.0-liter engine to push horsepower numbers all the way to the lofty 265 from which it derives its name. All that power in a lightweight chassis lets the Megane hit 100 km/h in 6.0 seconds. Renault will begin selling its hottest hatchback on June 20 for 35,500 Euros, with only 500 up for grabs.
- Watch an 800-hp Lamborghini Huracan drag race a 900-hp buggie
- BMW quietly reintroduces diesel-powered 5-Series to lineup
- Could Aston Martin shake up the Formula One status quo as an engine supplier?
- 2018 Toyota Tacoma: Release date, prices, specs, and features
- Play ‘Twister’ in the back of this stretched, open-top Land Rover Defender