Two-hundred-and-sixty-five horsepower might not turn heads in a Cadillac, Audi or even a Chevy, but for a French carmaker used to making pint-sized cars fit for congested Parisian streets, that’s more power than it’s ever had on tap. And more than enough to get things moving in a hurry. With the recently announced Mégane Renaultsport 265 Trophy, French automaker Renault added more boost to the turbocharged 2.0-liter engine to push horsepower numbers all the way to the lofty 265 from which it derives its name. All that power in a lightweight chassis lets the Megane hit 100 km/h in 6.0 seconds. Renault will begin selling its hottest hatchback on June 20 for 35,500 Euros, with only 500 up for grabs.
- Infiniti is using Formula One racing to hone its hybrid skills
- Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn ousted, arrested after whistleblower cries foul
- Infiniti’s Project Black S prototype sports Formula One hybrid tech
- Volkswagen partners with Microsoft on connected car platform
- These are the best 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays to show off your home theater