The Porsche 918 Spyder concept features hybrid and electric drive technology, but don’t let that fool you — this is still a sports car. The 918 Spyder offers the performance of a super sports car, with a top-end speed of 198 mph and acceleration from a standstill to 100 km/h in just under 3.2 seconds. Its high-revving V8 combustion engine pumps out more than 500 horsepower, and is paired with two electric motors: one on the front axle, and one on the rear, which add an additional 218 horsepower to the mix. With all that power, the fuel consumption must be through the roof right? Wrong. The Spyder is planned to provide an outstanding 78 mpg, putting even your Prius to shame. What kind of price tag does a car with this unique combination of supreme performance and low fuel consumption come with? A starting price of $630,000.
- 2019 BMW i8 Roadster review
- Porsche overhauls a Carrera GT supercar, complete with silver-coated wheels
- The 2019 Geneva Auto Show, where electrification, tech, and performance collide
- The coolest police cars from around the world
- 2020 Lamborghini Huracán Evo Spyder revealed ahead of 2019 Geneva Motor Show