Sexy women, fast cars, and…chewing gum? While the first two have gone hand in hand for what seems like eternity, we can’t help but raise a brow to the third, but that is exactly what happened recently in Guadalajara, Mexico as chewing gum company Trident gave a few unsuspecting taxi passengers the dream ride of their lives.
In a promotion for Trident’s new Twist gum, the company replaced a Mexican taxi cab company’s Nissan Sentras for two exotic alternatives, a Ferrari F430 Spider and a Porsche Panamera. Both wickedly fast cars were given the full taxi cab regalia and repainted with the familiar yellow with black and gold checkers.
The video is definitely worth a peek, as you’ll see these speedy supercars whipping around the streets of Guadalajara with their shocked passengers clutching the edge of their seats, smiling with delight and quite possibly a touch of terror as well.
- Daimler and Robert Bosch are teaming up to bring autonomous taxis to the road
- VW says battery-swapping stations are a pipe dream, not an imminent reality
- Uber narrowly avoids a shutdown in Egypt, but its victory may not last
- Waymo is now working on self-driving trucks in Atlanta
- Voitures Extravert is converting vintage 911s into all-electric cars