Did you know Spain has its own supercar firm? That’s right; it does. It’s called GTA Motor or “Spania GTA” as it’s now known.
Last year the company unveiled its latest supercar at the Geneva Motor Show, dubbed the Spano (pictured). Needless to say reaction to Spain’s sexy supercar was positive. Producing 840 horsepower from an 8.3-liter V10, the Spano is capable of a 0-62 MPH time of only 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 217 MPH.
The mid-vehicle mounted Spanish powerhouse of an engine is mated to a seven-speed sequential gearbox, which assures drivers won’t miss a shift.
Now rumor has it from Autovisie that Spania GTA might have a Spano R to unveil at next month’s Geneva Auto Show. If rumors are correct, the Spano R will produce somewhere in the 1,200 horsepower range. It stands to reason, then, that the 0-62 time and top speed would drop a bit with the 360 horsepower jump.
The Spano currently runs a measly $762,150; the Spano R will certainly top that. With an expected limited run, we wouldn’t be surprised to see the R go for $1-million or more.
For those with the checkbooks big enough to pull the financial trigger on the Spano R, deliveries should begin sometime later this year.
If and when the Spano R debuts at Geneva next month, we’ll bring you all the official facts and figures. For now, though, we’ll just have to make due with 840 horsepower version.
- Tesla Roadster rival? Aspark makes big claim about its Owl electric supercar
- The Koenigsegg Agera supercar is about to drive off into the sunset
- Race car DNA makes the Ferrari 488 Pista a formidable track weapon
- Geneva 2018: What we saw from Audi, BMW, Porsche, and more
- Xing Mobility promises an electric supercar quicker than a Tesla Roadster