Aston recently announced it was ending production of its exceedingly popular V12 Vantage model.
Powered by a 6.0-liter V12, which made 510 horsepower and 420 pound-feet, the V12 Vantage was Aston’s smallest current production model with one of its most powerful powertrains. It’s not hard to understand then why it was so well-liked.
Just when you thought the V12-powered Aston Martin was a thing of the past, the plucky British automaker had to go and prove you wrong – probably.
Aston Martin has made a very exciting if exceedingly limited teaser video of what looks like a limited edition V12 Vantage variant.
In the video we can see some extra carbon-fiber bits, and a snazzy looking new metallic gold/yellow color. We predict the special edition V12 Vantage will see a few more than 510 ponies sent to the rear wheels. And it also should make a 0-60mph run a bit quicker due to its newfound lightness.
When Aston first released the V12 Vantage, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame made a film predicting it’d be the last of its kind, representing the end of the V12 era.
Perhaps this vehicle is a final generous gift from Aston to keep Clarkson from pulling out – in anguish – what remains of his hair. Or maybe it just wants to sell more cars. Either way, we’re excited.
Aston Martin should reveal the full vehicle soon. So check back for more updates and watch the teaser video below:
- These are the 10 best Aston Martins of all time
- Behind the wheel of the 2019 Aston Martin DB11 Volante in Nice, France
- Aston Martin evaluates an electric sports car as Tesla closes in on its turf
- Could Aston Martin shake up the Formula One status quo as an engine supplier?
- Aston Martin allies the past and the future to revive its Lagonda brand