The video shows a young Trekkie (or is it Trekker?) gallivanting in his borderline-obsessive Star Trek shrine, when – wouldn’t you know it – none other than William Shatner (aka Captain Kirk) moves in next door.
The two bond over their love of futuristic technology, space exploration, and gold shirts, and subsequently embark to explore the neighborhood in the e-Golf.
It isn’t long before Leonard Nimoy (Spock) shows up in the ultramodern XL1, proving that it is indeed a small world after all.
The dialogue is in German, but the ad’s message is pretty simple: electric vehicles are the future, and VW is leading the charge.
This isn’t the first time Volkswagen Group has pulled from the final frontier in its advertisements. In May of last year, Audi’s commercial for the new S7 pitted Spock vs. Spock (Zachary Quinto and Nimoy) in “The Challenge.”
The film portrayed both science officers from the USS Enterprise racing against each other to the golf course. The Audi’s space-age tech garnered Quinto the win, but Nimoy threw in a good old-fashioned nerve pinch for nostalgia’s sake.
Never underestimate a Vulcan with a tee time.
- Audi reveals the E-Tron’s full specifications ahead of its market launch
- Are e-cigarettes safe? Here’s what the most recent science says
- Audi’s second electric car, the E-Tron Sportback, quietly shows its face
- Electric cars will play in the dirt in upcoming Projekt E racing series
- Watch a modified Audi e-tron electric SUV drive straight up a ski slope