The video shows a young Trekkie (or is it Trekker?) gallivanting in his borderline-obsessive Star Trek shrine, when – wouldn’t you know it – none other than William Shatner (aka Captain Kirk) moves in next door.
The two bond over their love of futuristic technology, space exploration, and gold shirts, and subsequently embark to explore the neighborhood in the e-Golf.
It isn’t long before Leonard Nimoy (Spock) shows up in the ultramodern XL1, proving that it is indeed a small world after all.
The dialogue is in German, but the ad’s message is pretty simple: electric vehicles are the future, and VW is leading the charge.
This isn’t the first time Volkswagen Group has pulled from the final frontier in its advertisements. In May of last year, Audi’s commercial for the new S7 pitted Spock vs. Spock (Zachary Quinto and Nimoy) in “The Challenge.”
The film portrayed both science officers from the USS Enterprise racing against each other to the golf course. The Audi’s space-age tech garnered Quinto the win, but Nimoy threw in a good old-fashioned nerve pinch for nostalgia’s sake.
Never underestimate a Vulcan with a tee time.
- Electric bikes and scooters are here to save the world! But here’s the thing …
- E-tron GT concept is the latest volley in Audi’s electrified offensive
- 2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- Audi’s E-Tron GT concept is so close to production we can nearly taste it
- You can go too cheap on a laptop, and this is what happens when you do