Get excited and rev your engines, the first official photos and specs of the eagerly anticipated Toyota FT-86 (now the GT 86) have finally been released courtesy of Toyota’s UK office. Needless to say we have been excited about this car for over a year now, and with official photos and specs for the upcoming two-seater, rear-wheel drive, sports car, to look over well, we’re more than tickled pink.
While some of the info here has already been speculated, it’s still a joy to see official information drop from Toyota itself. The new GT 86 will feature a 2.0-liter boxer with D4-S injection. The engine will pump out 197 hp and 151 lb-ft torque. Drivers will be able to choose between a 6-speed manual or automatic transmission and can expect a standard 17-inch wheel/tire package out the gate.
Toyota UK has announced that the GT 86 will go on sale in the UK next June. Expect more information to trickle through as the Tokyo Motor Show continues.
- Toyota and Subaru are developing a second-generation 86 sports coupe
- These performance cars prove you don’t have to spend much for speed
- The best sports cars you can buy
- Geneva 2018: What we saw from Audi, BMW, Porsche, and more
- Toyota planning a high-performance, Supra-themed surprise for the Geneva show