Uber is a great way to roll up in style if you’re the type of person who wouldn’t be caught dead in a yellow taxi. Some of their drivers already offer sweet rides like the Cadillac Escalade, but if you need to make more of an entrance, Uber has some super car offerings for their customers in Singapore.
Starting this week, Singaporean Uber users can request a pick up in either a Lamborghini Gallardo or a Maserati GranTurismo Coupe for a lift. All they have to do is moving a slider on the smartphone app to the icon of either cars, and, after setting a location, their sports car of choice will arrive.
It’s still cheaper than getting one of your own, but it’s not without its own cost. The Lamborghini has a base fare of $200, adding $7 per minute after the initial 15, while the Maserati’s fare is set at $165.
Given the demand, it might be a while to nab one, so those looking for a quick pickup will be smart to stick to the usual fleet.
The cars are available thanks to a partnership with Dream Drive, a local supercar rental fleet that will rent out the vehicle for those who’d prefer to be behind the wheel than just in the passenger seat.
Right now, the program is exclusive to Singapore, but similar supercar rental organizations might follow suit in other major cities, now that one has taken up the task.
- Lyft and Aptiv’s self-driving car program has come a long way (but not far enough)
- Uber’s bikesharing service is eating into its regular business
- With CabinSense, cars will soon know who’s riding in them and respond accordingly
- Honda’s app-controlled ‘Sound Sitter’ uses engine noise to calm down kids
- Bosch cautiously moving full-speed ahead with self-driving car tech