We’ve built an awesome Steam Box. It’s small and efficient, yet has the grunt to offer awesome graphics in today’s most demanding games. The computer, which comes with Ubuntu 12.10 and Steam pre-installed, serves up a Core i3 processor and a Radeon HD 7770 graphics card. Yet we also managed to squeeze in a third-party CPU cooler and a reliable Antec power supply.
You can read how to build our Steam Box step-by-step for under $500, but if you’re feeling squeamish about rooting around in the guts of a PC – or lucky – you can enter to win our own. The system you’ll receive is the exact computer we constructed in our guide.
What do you have to do? Not much. Just leave a comment below with your guess about when Valve’s official Steam Box will be released and how much it will cost. We’ll pick a winner next weekend and announce the winner in the comments.
Only U.S. residents are eligible to win.
- Miele TWI180 WP dryer review
- Here’s how to uninstall Steam games and reinstall them later
- Sign up for Amazon’s Prime Book Box and get an Echo Dot Kids Edition for $1
- Dish is building Google Assistant right into its Hopper DVRs
- Top-rank boxing: Watch Anthony Yarde vs. Travis Reeves with ESPN Plus free trial