Shame on you BMW. I thought you’d be better than this with your fine, luxury automobiles. It appears that Google has blacklisted BMW’s BMW.de website after finding out that the company used atechnique that could boost search results for the automotive maker. According to Google, BMW would make pages filled with search keywords for crawlers to find. But if a user visited that page, theywould be re-directed to another part of the site actually designed for that specific content.
“This is a violation of our Webmaster quality guidelines, specifically the principle of ‘Don’t deceive your users or present different content to search engines than you display to users,'” said MattCutts from Google.
- 20 Netflix tips and tricks to make your streaming experience even better
- Google now allows users to mute those annoying reminder ads
- How to root Android phones or tablets (and unroot them) in 2018
- Google Images altered to calm legal grumblings made by Getty Images
- Need a new ride? Here are the best used car sites on the web