Google yesterday rolled out a new web page creation tool which promises to bring ease of use to creating simple homepages. The Google Page Creator is up now and running in beta, though sign-ups are limited right now due to demand.
The Google Page Creator, the web search company explained, allows users to edit and create pages just as they appear online, without needing to know HTML. No software downloads are necessary to create pages as the entire process is browser based. Users are required to have a Gmail account to participate and space restrictions provide only 100MB of storage for pages and uploaded files.
Features of the Google Page Creator allow users to add and change the size and style of text, add links and insert photos. Additionally, various different looks of pages are available. This product offering is different then Google’s more advanced Blogger platform.
- Adobe Spark Page makes web design easy — here’s how to use it
- Google enables virtual tour creation via Street View or a smartphone
- New trivia game shows and video polls on Facebook turn viewers into participants
- YouTube videos are now even bigger on desktop — so why are users complaining?
- Facebook dismantles fake accounts that had thousands interested in a rally