That’s where apps like Text Expander come in. I love this app and use it daily. It’s a text expansion app that frees you from copying and pasting, or re-typing blocks of text that you repeatedly type. Here’s how it works. You write your long paragraph, and then you choose a shortcode to recall it. I send my biography out fairly frequently, so for that I chose the shortcode “BIO” in all caps. This software is caps sensitive so you can use that to your advantage. You can choose a word that makes sense to you, but that you don’t write in all caps in normal conversation.
Once that’s created, when you’re answering email or in a document… it works system wide, all you have to do is type BIO in all caps… and bam! It’s all there. What could have taken 30 minutes to find the text you used once or write it out again….now happens in a snap!
TextExpander is Mac only and costs $44.95. Totally worth it if you’ll use it a lot! And I love to support developers who work hard to make my life easier!
And don’t worry, I won’t leave you PC users out! Breevy is a popular option for Windows.
What kind of things do YOU type a lot? I’m curious now! Leave a comment below, and use the links above to share this video on your favorite social media site.
- Critical Mac update fixes Safari bug that leaks user data
- This key Windows 11 app is getting an interesting new look
- Update your Mac now to fix vulnerability that gives full access to spying apps
- DuckDuckGo’s new web browser won’t rely on any Chrome technology
- Beware: The latest BIOS updates might wreck your Dell, Alienware, or Inspiron PC