Imation, a maker of optical and flash removable data storage medium, yesterday announced a new flash drive which they say brings together â€œstyle, substance and securityâ€. The new Pivot Flash Drive is available now in sizes ranging from 256MB to 4GB and prices ranging from $32.99 to $239.99.
The Pivot Flash Drive, said Imation, is set in a tough rubberized, water resistant casing and has an integrated cap which can’t be lost. The USB drive, which works with multiple operating systems, folds out like a Swiss Army knife and includes a keychain clip. It features reportedly easy to use security software with 128-bit AES encryption and password protection to help guard its contents.
“The Imation Pivot Flash Drive blends security, capacity and durability with a polished look – making it an ideal portable data storage solution for busy professionals with high expectations,” said Tom Lally, U.S. executive director of sales and marketing, Imation, in a statement. “The Pivot Flash Drive is the latest in a series of flash drive introductions targeted at different audiences – making Imation the smart choice for portable data storage solutions – and satisfying the needs of everyone from students to amateur photographers to office executives.”
- Intel requests hardware partners to halt Meltdown patches due to reboot issue
- Intel, Microsoft using integrated graphics to thwart next Meltdown-style threats
- What is an SSD? The ultimate explanation of the solid-state drive
- The best external hard drives
- 12 tips to free up storage space on your Android phone or tablet