Last week we covered the CruxCase CruxEncore, which turns your iPad Air into a MacBook-like device complete with a full QWERTY keyboard and the ability to use your slate like a notebook. However, we just got wind of another case that aims to give the CruxEncore a run for its money.
Parle Innovations revealed the Pi Dock-It Pro, a protective case that essentially gives your iPad an additional form factor: laptop mode. On top of that, it serves as a protective case that’s constructed of polycarbonate, and outfits your iPad with a full, Chiclet-style QWERTY keyboard. The keyboard is both rechargeable and features Bluetooth connectivity, though it’s currently unclear what method is used to charge the keyboard found in the Pi Dock-It Pro.
Though the additional of a Bluetooth powered keyboard is potentially awesome, we wonder how much bulk the Pi Dock-It Pro would add to your iPad. Though we don’t have its weight and measurements available to us at this time, we’ll update this story accordingly if and when we get a hold of that information.
The Pi Dock-It Pro is compatible with the iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4, and retails for $159. It will be released on March 14.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments below.
- Keep your tablet stylish and secure with one of the best iPad Pro 10.5 cases
- Add style and functionality with the best iPad Pro 9.7 cases
- Delta bids adieu to its iPad app after sales on the interface begin to flag
- ‘Civilization VI’ for iPad brings the full sweep of history to your fingertips
- How to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 11: A beginner’s guide